Two Pets Saved, German Shepherd Dies in House Fire on Grange Rd, Marengo

Marengo Fire Protection District firefighters and McHenry County Sheriff’s deputies responded about 8:38 a.m. Wednesday August 15, 2018 to a report of a house fire at 22517 Grange Road in Riley Township, south of Marengo. McHenry County Sheriff’s deputies were first on the scene reporting pets were still in the house.

Marengo’s Battalion Chief on arrival by 8:44 a.m. reported a single story, single-family residence fully-involved with fire.

A family cat and a Brittany dog survived the fire and were administered oxygen for smoke inhalation. Resuscitation efforts by firefighters were unable to save a nine year-old German Shepherd named Titan.

The fire is believed to have started in a bedroom — possibly a power strip. The owner of the home was on his farm property, but firefighters were aware of the fire before he was aware of the fire.

Union firefighters, Woodstock firefighters, and firefighters from other nearby communities assisted Marengo firefighters.

The house is reported to be a total loss.

The owner had just upgraded the kitchen at the house.

A press release with official information from Marengo Fire Protection District was not initially available Wednesday.


MORE INFO BELOW ADS …




^^ MOBILE? USE VOICE MIC ^^

 facebook … 

GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonCardinal

GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies

GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonHeightsCrime

Stay informed with news from PublicSafetyReporter.com’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have Facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the timeline, or send a message to the page.


Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor