Guthrie’s Tavern will close permanently Thursday night on July 23, 2020 as bars, taverns, breweries and other establishments that serve alcohol for on-site consumption without a retail food license in Chicago face a restriction prohibiting serving customers indoors effective Friday July 24, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
Guthries Tavern at 1300 West Addison Street in Wrigleyville in the Lake View neighborhood announced the business is permanently closing Thursday night July 23, 2020 due to the cost of doing business in a Coronavirus pandemic economy.
Guthries Tavern announced the closure on Monday July 20, 2020 at 7:04 p.m.
It is with a heavy heart that we announce the closing of Guthrie’s Tavern. With the new restrictions set today for bars and the ongoing COVID restrictions, we don’t see a way we can survive.
We have loved serving you for the past 34 years. We got to meet and know so many amazing wonderful people. Amazing people who turned into regulars, who turned into close friends and it was an absolute pleasure to get to know you all. You will be greatly missed. 😢🥺😭
Please come by this week for our last hurrah and to say goodbye. Our last day is Thursday, July 23rd. We will be practicing the same, safe COVID protocols.
The Guthrie’s Staff
Guthries Tavern was established in 1986.
City of Chicago Notice …
As part of our Phase IV: Gradually Resume guidelines, the reinstatement of certain restrictions will go into effect Friday, July 24 at 12:01 a.m. in the City of Chicago.
• Bars, taverns, breweries and other establishments that serve alcohol for on-site consumption without a retail food license will no longer be able to serve customers indoors
– Restaurants that serve alcohol will be allowed to continue to operate as long as they abide by ongoing COVID-19 guidance and existing regulations
– Establishments without food may still provide outdoor service as they did under Phase III guidelines
• Maximum party size and table occupancy at restaurants, bars, taverns, and breweries will be reduced to six people (indoor or outdoor)
• Indoor fitness class size will be reduced to a maximum of 10 people
• Personal services requiring the removal of face coverings will no longer be permitted (shaves, facials, etc.)
• Residential property managers are asked to limit guest entry to five people per unit to avoid indoor gatherings and parties
These restrictions, as part of Phase IV guidelines, are in effect until further notice. Continuing checking this website for the most up-to-date information.
^^ MOBILE? USE VOICE MIC ^^
Please ‘LIKE’ the ‘Arlington Cardinal Page. See all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages at Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …
Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor
THANKS FOR READING CARDINAL NEWS