Check for well-being call for an unknown man found on a front porch in Arlington Heights.
Arlington Heights police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 8:32 PM Monday November 18, 2019 to a well-being check for man at the corner of Euclid Avenue and Douglas Avenue, Arlington Heights, IL. Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report that a homeowner looked out to his front porch through his foyer window and saw a man sitting on his porch at the front door. The homeowner said he was concerned for the well-being of the man, and called 9-1-1.
Police responded immediately to check the situation and called for firefighter/paramedics to assess the well-being of the man. Arlington Heights firefighter/paramedics transported the man to Northwest Community Hospital.
The homeowner did the right thing by immediately seeking security and medical assistance from police and firefighter/paramedics via 9-1-1.
The man was recognized as having previous and/or ongoing homeless status. Initially it was not known if he has previously been sheltered at any nearby PAD Shelters. First United Methodist Church, 1903 East Euclid Avenue in Arlington Heights, is the nearest open PADS Shelter on Monday nights this time of year. People who need overnight shelter must sign in between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
PADS Shelter Policies
• If you have been convicted of a crime against another person, you may be ineligible for all shelter sites.
• You can only be on shelter site property between 6:45 PM and 7:00 AM.
• You must sign in to the shelters between 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM. You must leave them between 6:00 AM and 7:00 AM. Exceptions to these times can only be approved by your case manager.
• You must show a JOURNEYS identification card (ID) to the volunteers when you sign in to the shelter.
• You must not enter more than one shelter per night.
• You must not bring open containers holding liquids into a shelter.
• If you need to go outside at a shelter, a volunteer must supervise you.
• You must wear, at a minimum, underwear, pants, and a shirt while sleeping.
• You must sleep in the sleeping area and on the mattress pad assigned to you each night by volunteers.
• Minors must sleep in the same area as a parent or guardian. This area will be designated by the volunteers at each shelter. Not all shelters can accommodate families.
• You must not be in the sleeping area of the opposite sex at any time.
• You must clean up after yourself.
Forbidden Behavior …
• DO NOT engage in verbal aggression, including: yelling, making personal insults and threats, intimidating, or a pattern of interrupting conversations
• DO NOT use obscene or abusive language
• DO NOT carry or use alcohol or illegal drugs
• DO NOT advertise or sell any services
• DO NOT loiter
• DO NOT sleep outside designated areas
• DO NOT take photos
• DO NOT carry or use weapons
• DO NOT refuse a breathalyzer test
• DO NOT view any media showing sexual imagery
• DO NOT engage in any sexual behavior
• DO NOT refuse to follow instructions given by staff or volunteers
• DO NOT commit any crimes
• DO NOT roll cigarettes or tobacco products indoors
• DO NOT wait in a vehicle in the parking lot
See also …
^^ MOBILE? USE VOICE MIC ^^
GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonCardinal
GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies
GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonHeightsCrime
Please ‘LIKE’ the ‘Cardinal Emergencies Page. See all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages at Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …
Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor
THANKS FOR READING CARDINAL NEWS