The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are crackling and the iPhone X could be back ordered until early 2018. The Apple Watch Series 3 LTE won’t always send your SMS messages.
In Apple’s continuing operation of planned obsolescence and ingestion of their customers’ money this news out about iOS 11, and Apple Watch Series 3 LTE.
In a nutshell, the iOS 11 update can wreak havoc on older iPhones, and the Apple Watch Series 3 LTE isn’t fully functional because non-iMessage text messages are NOT sent or received when solely operating on the LTE network.
Battery Killer iOS 11
The iOS 11 update on older phones is causing a serious decline in battery performance on the older phones. Research by Wandera found it takes 96 minutes to deplete a full battery on iOS 11, compared to 240 minutes to deplete a fully battery on iOS 10.3.
According to mobile research and security firm Wandera, some iPhone and iPad users are also reporting installation problems, slow speed, issues with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
Wandera looked at a subset of 50,000 moderate to heavy iPhone and iPad users in their network running iOS 10 and iOS 11 to compare the average battery decay rate over the past three days.
Apple Watch Series 3 LTE Connectivity
If you’re using the Apple Watch solely using its own LTE, and your iPhone is off or in airplane mode, or nowhere nearby, the features work as follows …
• Phone calls work if your WiFi calling is enabled on your iCloud gadgets via your cellular carrier.
• iMessage works for sending text messages
• SMS messaging does NOT work. The watch can’t communicate with anyone that is not on iMessage, such as Android — anyone you message on the “green” bubbles.
• Apple’s first-party app notifications work. Also Apple’s Maps, Mail, Messages, Weather will load.
• Third-party app, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter will not work on LTE only connections
• Users may also experience problems using the Apple Watch Series 3 LTE with public Wi-Fi with special log-ins. Popup log-ins don’t work on the Apple Watch Series 3 LTE, so there is no way to bypass popup to access the public Wi-Fi.
See also …
Wandera iPhone users charged up over iOS 11 battery drain
Get updates from The Cardinal ALL NEWS FEEDS on Facebook. Just ‘LIKE’ the ‘Arlington Cardinal Page (become a fan of our page). The updates cover all posts and sub-category posts from The Cardinal — Arlingtoncardinal.com. You can also limit feeds to specific categories. See all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages at Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …
Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor