Fire Possibly Caused by Satellite Dish Heater Wire on North Chestnut Ave Near Ladd St, Arlington Heights

Arlington Heights police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 6:02 a.m. Saturday December 24, 2016 to a small attic fire at 2113 North Chestnut Avenue Arlington Heights, Il. Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report of a fire possibly caused by a satellite dish heater wire.

Engine 2’s crew on arrival reported nothing showing from the exterior by 6:07 a.m.

An interior firefighter crew reported insulation still smoldering. Crews scooped up insulation and placed the smoldering insulation in a garbage can to carry it outside for further extinguishment.

Satellite dish heaters are used to eliminate snow from accumulating on the dish, which can interfere with signal reception.

FIRE/MEDIC UNITS ASSIGNED …

ENGINE(S): E4 E2

TRUCK(S): TL1

SQUAD(S): SQD2

CHIEF(S): BC1

EMS: A2 A ??

LIVE TRAFFIC MAP of neighborhood to a report of crash with injuries at near 2113 North Chestnut Avenue Arlington Heights, Il …




Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …


Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor