‘Soprano’ Star Drea De Matteo, ‘Adriana’ Loses Apartment in East Village, NYC Gas Explosion

Actress Drea De Matteo of ‘The Sopranos’ fame lost her home Thursday in the gas explosion in East Village next-door at 123 2nd Avenue. Two people are missing and 25 people were injured after a large gas explosion that caused a 7-alarm fire that destroyed four apartment buildings. Four firefighters and one paramedic were among the injured.

After plumbing and gas-line work in the basement, a gas leak fueled the explosion at 123 2nd Avenue.

“A hole where my NYC home of 22 years once stood. RIP 123 2nd Avenue.”

— Drea De Matteo

About 1993 Drea de Matteo took care of her nanny Ana Bravo, then age 67, where they both lived in de Matteo’s two-bedroom Manhattan apartment. “She took care of me,” explains de Matteo. “So I take care of her,” said Drea De Matteo in a People Magazine article entitled ‘Gritty Woman’ in 2002.

In 1997, de Matteo opened ‘Filth Mart’, an East Village clothing store with her then-boyfriend Michael Sportes, who was also her roommate, along with two cats and three dogs. The store closed in 2004.

NYC's finest trying to put out the flames to mine n many others apartments Speechless… for those that are hurt

A photo posted by Drea De Matteo (@dreadematteo) on

A hole where my NYC home of the last 22 years once stood… RIP 123 2nd Avenue

A photo posted by Drea De Matteo (@dreadematteo) on


Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …