Electric Box Fire in a Home at Clearmont Dr Near Ridge Ave, Elk Grove Village

Elk Grove Village police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 7:00 PM Sunday to a report of a fuse box on fire in the garage at 285 Clearmont Drive Elk Grove Village, IL. Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report that the homeowner was able to get the fire out with a fire extinguisher.

Firefighters investigating the scene called for Com Ed to respond to the scene as soon as possible, and discovered smoke in the attic.

Firefighters found no fire in the attic, but the live electric panel/”fuse box” was sparking and arcing, and was hot. The malfunction was burning wires inside the house.

Firefighters stood by with water, but could not extinguish the fire at the panel with water until
Com Ed responded to the house to cut off the power.

Firefighters secured residents and pets that live inside the house in vehicles parked nearby.

Com Ed responded and shut off the power, including area of the neighborhood, and went to work on repair. Firefighters then checked all appliances and walls fire and heat damage.

Map of area of house with electrical problem and fire stopped by Elk Grove Village firefighters …


Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …