Florida Man, Edward Archbold,32, Dies After Winning Pet Store’s Roach-Eating Contest

HUMAN ENDURANCE: Man dies after live roach-eating contest in Fla.; Skydiver hopes to make supersonic jump over NM; Stranded night: Pettitte, Yanks lose to Os 3-2, and Sandusky faces sentencing.

Edward Archbold, 32, collapsed shortly after winning a roach- and worm-eating contest at Ben Siegel Reptile Store. Winners of the contest were competing for a free python. Achbold became ill just outside the Deerfield Beach business, according to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office.

Archbold “wasn’t feeling well and began to regurgitate” shortly after the contest’s conclusion. “He had consumed dozens of roaches and worms.” Contestants had four minutes to devour the most roaches, which grow up to three inches long. Any vomiting was grounds for disqualification from the contest.

Cockroaches are known to carry human pathogens, such as Salmonella and E. coli — organism responsible for food poisoning and diarrhea.

For the supersonic jump see …
The Cardinal Red Bull Stratos: Supersonic Freefall by Parachutist Felix Baumgartner Scheduled for Today

1 Comment

Comments are closed.