Attached garage fire quickly extinguished Monday afternoon on South Evergreen Avenue.
Arlington Heights police and firefighter/paramedics responded just before 4:30 p.m. Monday to a report of a fire in an attached garage of a house in the 400 block of South Evergreen Avenue. Police arrived in less than three minutes and reported that it appeared that only contents in the garage were burning with heavy black smoke coming out of the garage.
Firefighters were setting up to extinguish the fire within four minutes, and reported the ‘fire was knocked’ less than 10 minutes from the time of the call for help.
The house was reported evacuated upon arrival, and no injuries were reported. Firefighters did a thorough search of the house for extension of fire from the attached garage into the house. No extension was reported, but a fire in a fireplace was put out by firefighters. The house was also ventilated to clear smoke.
Investigation is underway by the police and fire department. The building department was also called to the scene.