Wheeling house fire video showing interior of house consumed by fire with quick knockdown. Video credit: Larry Shapiro/Shapiro Photography/shapirophotography.net.
Wheeling police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 9:30 AM Saturday to a house fire in the 200 block of Fletcher. Wheeling police arrived first and reported smoke showing from a 1-1/2 story house.
The fire apparently started in a dryer with contents in a single room on fire. The small size of the house contributed to rapid heating of the interior of the home. The fire flashed over or auto-ignited and most of the house filled with heat, fire and smoke. The fire was quickly knocked, but serious damage occurred to most of the house. Firefighters from Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Long Grove and others assisted Wheeling Fire Department.
Mutual aid firefighters were released about 10:35 a.m.
Become a fan of the Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …