Fatal House Fire on Noble Ave Just South of Lake Forest High School, Lake Forest

#ad▼
 SUPPORT UKRAINE  or   TRY AMAZON PRIME  
Man dies when a small fire was detected in a house that may have been remodeled with apartments on Noble Avenue in Lake Forest (PHOTO CREDIT: Max Weingardt)
Man dies when a small fire was detected in a house that may have been remodeled with apartments on Noble Avenue in Lake Forest (PHOTO CREDIT: Max Weingardt).

Police, firefighters, and paramedics from Lake Forest responded about 1:07 a.m. Friday, February 18, 2022 to a report of an activated fire alarm at an apartment house fire in the block of 200 Noble Avenue Lake Forest. The alarm company was able to contact a person at the home, and a fire was confirmed at the residence. The fire call was upgraded from an “activated alarm” response to a “reported fire” response by 1:09 a.m.




Lake Forest police were first on the scene, and reported smoke showing inside the home. Police looking though a window discovered a man on the floor just as firefighters were arriving. Lake Forest Battalion Chief 42 on arrival by 1:13 a.m. gave a size up report indicating they were on the scene of a small 2-story single-family home with smoke showing inside the home. The house may have been converted to apartment units. Upon arrival firefighters immediately rescued the man found on the floor, and conducted a search of the 1600 square-foot residential structure. Firefighters did not find any additional victims.

Lake Forest Battalion Chief 42 immediately reported crews were making a rescue and leading out with a line. Paramedics were assigned to pull the ambulance up the driveway, as the male victim was discovered with a disability and suffering from cardiac arrest. He was treated with Advanced Life Support at the scene by Lake Forest Fire Department paramedics and transported to Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.




Firefighters charged a hose line and led out with the line to the front door, but discovered the smoke was coming from a garbage can inside the 2-story wood frame apartment house, and did not need to open the charged line. There was no fire damage to the structure.




Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …


Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor

Arlingtoncardinal.com is an Amazon Associate website, which means that a small percentage of your purchases gets paid to Arlingtoncardinal.com at no extra cost to you. When you use the search boxes above, any Amazon banner ad, or any product associated with an Amazon banner on this website, you help pay expenses related to maintaining Arlingtoncardinal.com and creating new services and ideas for a resourceful website. See more info at Arlingtoncardinal.com/AdDisclosure