Police, firefighters and paramedics from Arlington Heights responded about 3:03 p.m. Thursday, November 4, 2021 to a report from a roofer of smoke coming from the ductwork on the roof of an apartment building at 1405 East Central Road in Arlington Heights. The roofer reported the smoke was seen during roofing maintenance work.
Engine 3’s crew on arrival reported nothing showing from the front and right side of the building.
Firefighters checked the roof, and 4th floor ceiling areas and a third floor laundry room for any extension of heat or fire from the roof vent, and did not find any extension. Firefighters on the roof made sure any issues on the top of the roof were extinguished. Possibly some lint or other material ignited during the roofing work. Firefighters saw a little glowing at the base of a vent, but no heat was detected. Firefighters used a pump can to extinguish the lint or other material.
Extra fire crews assigned from Mount Prospect and Rolling Meadows were released from the scene about 3:22 p.m.
The information in this article is an early report published before any summary information was confirmed or released by police or fire authorities.
DEVELOPING IF CONTENT IS AVAILABLE …
Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …
Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor