Police, firefighters, and paramedics from Palatine responded about 1:55 a.m. Saturday, September 18, 2021, at 1:55 a.m. to a report of a house fire in the block of 1900 North High Grove Lane in Palatine. Flames were visible from an apartment located just east of the neighborhood. Police on arrival about 1:59 a.m. reported smoke showing from the second floor. The first Palatine Fire Department unit arrived on the scene nine minutes later and firefighters reported smoke and fire coming from the roofline at the northwest corner of a two-story, single-family home.
Initial responding crews met with the residents who reported that everyone was out of the house. The initial fire crew deployed a hose line and opened the ceiling on the second floor, exposing fire in the attic above the second-floor living space.
Additional crews searched the house and confirmed there were no victims. The fire was declared under control at 2:13 a.m. and firefighters continued to check void spaces for hidden fire and to ventilate smoke and toxic gases for some time after that.
No civilians or firefighters were injured in the fire. Due to the significant fire damage to the roofline and attic space, along with smoke damage in other parts of the residence, the home was uninhabitable and displaced four residents. Damage estimates were not initially available, and the fire remains under investigation by Palatine Fire Department Investigators. The fire may have started from an exterior location near the northwest corner of the house
Firefighters returned about 9:13 a.m. Saturday to a report of smoke showing from the roof. A small fire rekindled at the home, and was quickly extinguished by firefighters\.
The fire was fought by 23 firefighters, staffing five engines, one ladder truck, and three ambulances, which responded to the scene along with three command officers.
During the incident, a unit from the Barrington Fire Department stood by in a Palatine Fire Station 82 to provide coverage for any additional calls in Palatine.
Palatine Police officers assisted at the scene with traffic and crowd control.
The Palatine Fire Department reminds everyone to have working smoke detectors in their homes, whether a single-family dwelling, an apartment, or a condo. Have an escape plan, practice it, and be prepared to use it in the event of any fire. In an emergency, do not delay exiting the home to search for pets or any other
^^ MOBILE? USE VOICE MIC ^^
Please ‘LIKE’ the ‘Arlington Cardinal Page. See all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages at Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …
Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor
THANKS FOR READING CARDINAL NEWS