Police, firefighters and paramedics from Arlington Heights responded about 2:35 p.m. Friday, May 28, 2021 to a report of smoke in an apartment building at 15 North Vail Avenue in Arlington Heights. A caller reported that they arrived at the apartment to find smoke in the apartment unit.
Firefighters on arrival reported no smoke showing outside a 3-story residential over commercial type building. Interior firefighters reported an odor and haze by about 2:42 p.m. and were focused on the third floor.
Interior investigation showed the haze was dissipating by 2:49 p.m., and the investigation focused on a malfunction involving a washing machine. There was no fire.
The fire department response required access into the Arlington Alfresco zone on Vail Avenue between Campbell Street and Wing Street. Access by firefighters worked as planned, and very few, if any, outdoor diners were in the area because of cold, rainy weather. Firefighters appeared to have accessed the interior scene in the building as fast as if the street had been in a normal state without Arlington Afresco.
The information in this article is an early report published before any summary information was confirmed or released by police or fire authorities.
DEVELOPING IF CONTENT IS AVAILABLE …
Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …
Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor