Smoke Investigation at Apartment on Colfax St Near Smith St Palatine

 amazon fresh   amazon prime    audible  

Police, firefighters and paramedics from Palatine responded about 3:01 p.m. Saturday, February 20, 2021 to a report of smoke in a second floor laundry room at an apartment at 220 West Colfax Street in Palatine.

Firefighters arrived to find nothing showing from the outside, and detected the odor of a burnt belt. Firefighters discovered a problem with a dryer, and found no other hazards.


The information in this article is an early report published before any summary information was confirmed or released by police or fire authorities.


Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to …

Help fund The Cardinal is an Amazon Associate website, which means that a small percentage of your purchases gets paid to at no extra cost to you. When you use the search boxes above, any Amazon banner ad, or any product associated with an Amazon banner on this website, you help pay expenses related to maintaining and creating new services and ideas for a resourceful website. See more info at