A couple passing by a house noticed smoke coming from the home, and called 9-1-1, but a woman and a dog were removed unresponsive by firefighters — both the woman and the dog died (CBS Chicago).
Police and firefighter/paramedics from Glenview responded about 10:10 p.m. Friday, October 30, 2020 to a report of a house fire in the block of 0-99 Elm Street. Smoke was showing from the eaves and chimney upon arrival of firefighters, who made entry to the home and discovered a woman unresponsive on a bedroom floor. The woman was immediately removed from the home, and CPR was administered with Advanced Life Support. The 84 year-old woman was transported to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge where she was pronounced dead. Neighbors had informed firefighters that the home was occupied.
Firefighters encountered heavy smoke conditions in the house. Fire was discovered in the basement, first floor, and attic.
Firefighters from Morton Grove, Niles and Skokie were assigned mutual aid to respond to the fire scene.
The family dog was also found dead in the home. There were no other injuries reported.
The identity of the woman was not initially released.
The Illinois State Fire Marshal’s Office responded to the scene in about an hour, and is assisting with the fire investigation.
^^ MOBILE? USE VOICE MIC ^^
Please ‘LIKE’ the ‘Arlington Cardinal Page. See all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages at Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …
Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor
THANKS FOR READING CARDINAL NEWS