Antioch police reported today, Sunday September 6, 2020 that on Saturday, September 5, 2020 tin the time frame of 3:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. several car burglaries occurred in the Red Wing and Neuhaven Subdivisions. The Antioch Police Department is requesting assistance from those who live in these subdivisions to check any home surveillance camera systems during this time frame.
Preliminary investigation indicates 3-4 subjects were checking vehicles throughout the subdivision as a getaway vehicle (possibly a dark colored SUV) followed. The suspect(s) only entered unlocked vehicles. A few residences reported their garage door remote openers were stolen. In the event you discover your remote was stolen, Antioch police urges residents to ensure to recode the receiver device for obvious safety reasons.
If any suspicious activity was observed or any suspicious video images were captured during the mentioned time frame, Antioch police recommend residents call the dispatch center at 847-270-9111.
As a reminder the Antioch Police Department joined ‘Neighbors’ by Ring. The program aims to reduce crime in subdivisions by connecting people, security cameras and Law Enforcement.
How Ring ’Neighbors’ works …
• Opt-in to join your neighborhood
• Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
• Receive alerts from you neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring Team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they are shared
• View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map
• Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device
• Work with the community to make neighborhoods safer
The Neighbors app can be useful, but like most social media, it is rife with criticism of members and members’ information, contains incorrect or bad advice, and contains comments from members trying to be amusing in a manner that interferes with with efficient distribution of information. Many animal reports are criticized by other members as unnecessary, and a tired old debate is repeated about the appropriateness of animal reports on the Neighbors app.
RELATED NEWS …
^^ MOBILE? USE VOICE MIC ^^
Please ‘LIKE’ the ‘Arlington Cardinal Page. See all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages at Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …
Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor
THANKS FOR READING CARDINAL NEWS