Fireworks in Recycling Bin Ignite, Cause Small Fire in Garage of Home on Leeds Court, Naperville

... #ad▼

Naperville firefighters responded about 10:39 p.m. Saturday July 4, 2020 for a smoke investigation following a fire in a recycling bin in the block of 300 Leeds Court. Firefighters arrived and learned that a resident of the single-family home had used an extinguisher to put out flames in a recycling bing after fireworks were placed in the recycling bin.

The residents call the fire department because after the fire in the recycling bin was extinguished, there was still smoke coming from an interior wall in the garage.

Firefighters checked the was with a thermal camera and extinguished fire found behind the garage wall and in void spaces above the garage. The fire was extinguished within about 30 minutes of arrival. Additional time and work was involved to extinguish smoldering materials during the overhaul phase. Firefighters also had to ventilate the home to remove smoke from the residence, according to Naperville Fire Department.

Initially, no injuries were reported and the house occupancy was not affected.

Fire station coverage was provided by firefighters from Westmont and Plainfield fire agencies. The Naperville Police Department also assisted firefighters with safety at the scene around the house.



 facebook … 

Please ‘LIKE’ the ‘Arlington Cardinal Page. See all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages at …

Help fund The Cardinal


Search Amazon …

Search for products sold on Amazon: is an Amazon Associate website, which means that a small percentage of your purchases gets paid to at no extra cost to you. When you use the search boxes above, any Amazon banner ad, or any product associated with an Amazon banner on this website, you help pay expenses related to maintaining and creating new services and ideas for a resourceful website. See more info at