Chicago firefighters and paramedics responded about 7:46 a.m. Friday August 17, 2018 to the corner of Chestnut Street and Clark Street to a report of a construction worker that received an electric shock.
A man in his 30s was working in a basement at a building at 834 North Clark Street or at 111 West Chestnut Street when he received an electric shock. He was shocked while doing work near fire pumps.
The man was transported by Ambulance 11’s crew with life threatening injuries to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where he was listed in serious to critical condition.
Crews from CFD Engine 98 and Ambulance 11 administered CPR, and the man’s heartbeat returned, according to Chicago Fire Department Fire Chief patric Maloney.
The accident site is the location of Chestnut Row Homes — a luxury townhouse development that was completed in Winter/Spring 2018.
ComEd was called to the scene.
PERSON INJURED BY ELECTRIC SHOCK ON CLARK ST NEAR CHESTNUT ST, CHICAGO https://t.co/VPfOA7k8gW
— ChicagoFireMap (@ChicagoFireMap) August 17, 2018
^^ MOBILE? USE VOICE MIC ^^
GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonCardinal
GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies
GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonHeightsCrime
Stay informed with news from PublicSafetyReporter.com’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have Facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the timeline, or send a message to the page.
Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor