Gurnee police and firefighter/paramedics responded just before 6:00 p.m. Saturday March 17, 2018 to a small kitchen fire at the Burger King in Gurnee Mills, 6170 W Grand Ave Unit 241. The Burger King restaurant has re-opened since the small fire.
The restaurant’s fire alarm activated just before 6:00 p.m. and the sprinkler system activated, extinguishing the fire before firefighters arrived. Fire investigators determined the fire originated in one of the stoves in the kitchen.
Firefighters immediately shut of the sprinkler water, but the kitchen’s equipment and much of the food stored near the reach of the sprinkler head sustained extensive water damage. Firefighters helped clean up the kitchen before turning it over to the Lake County Health Department for routine health and safety checks following a fire in a restaurant kitchen.
GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonCardinal
GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies
GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonHeightsCrime
Stay informed with news from PublicSafetyReporter.com’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have Facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the timeline, or send a message to the page.
Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor