Dryer Lint Clogs Vent, Causes Fire on Autumn Ln, Vernon Hills

Countryside firefighters responded about 2:48 p.m. Monday, February 11, 2018 to a report of a dryer smoking in the basement of a house at 207 Autumn Lane in Vernon Hill.

Countryside firefighters reported flames were showing throughout the laundry room, and additional firefighters from Libertyville, Lincolnshire-Riverwoods, and Mundelein were dispatched to the scene. Countryside firefighters reported water on the fire by 2:58 p.m.

No initial injuries were reported. The fire was apparently caused by ignited dryer lint in a vent clogged at the end of a clothes dryer.

In a news release from Countryside Fire Protection District, residents were reminded to inspect and clean dryer vents annually.




 facebook … 

GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonCardinal

GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies

GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonHeightsCrime

Stay informed with news from PublicSafetyReporter.com’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have Facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the timeline, or send a message to the page.


Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor