Wauconda Fire District firefighter/paramedics responded about 9:03 p.m. Saturday January 13, 2018 to a report of a fire in a chimney at a home at 450 Oak Grove Circle in Wauconda Saturday night.
The family was home while a fire was intentionally lit in the family room fireplace, and evacuated safely.
“Though it may not be the cause of the fire, the Wauconda Fire District reminds all its residents to have their wood-burning appliances cleaned and inspected regularly,”
— Battalion Chief Mark Dierker
On arrival Battalion 34 reported flames showing on the outside of the building at the base of the chimney on the right side outside the home. Firefighters extinguished the fire outside, and checked for extension in the walls.
The fire caused damage on all three levels of the home.
GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonCardinal
GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies
GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonHeightsCrime
Stay informed with news from PublicSafetyReporter.com’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have Facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the timeline, or send a message to the page.
Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor