Firefighter Shocked by Exposed Wire in Attic Fire on South St in Elgin

Elgin police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 7:23 p.m. Saturday January 13, 2018 to report of a fire in an attic at a house at 458 South Street. Crews on arrival confirmed an attic fire and requested a working fire response by 7:30 p.m.

A firefighter suffered an electric shock when he unknowingly contacted an exposed wire.

Battalion Chief Terence Bruce reported in a press release that firefighters cut a hole in the roof to attack the fire, which had extended between roofing materials. The attic sustained significant fire damage, and the second floor of the house was damaged by water used to extinguish the fire.

An unused mattress stored in the attic of the house was also burned.




 facebook … 

GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonCardinal

GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies

GET ALERTS on Facebook.com/ArlingtonHeightsCrime

Stay informed with news from PublicSafetyReporter.com’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have Facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the timeline, or send a message to the page.


Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor

FIRE/MEDIC UNITS ASSIGNED …

ENGINE(S): E6 E4 E5

TRUCK(S): T2

SQUAD(S): SQD??

RIT: BC ?? T ??

CHIEF(S): BC1

EMS: A4

CODE 4 AT 7:30 PM

ENGINE(S): E3

TRUCK(S): T1

SQUAD(S):

EMS: West Dundee Ambulance

CHIEF(S): 100

SPECIAL: ??

STAGING: ??

CHANGE OF QUARTERS: ??