Gas Pipe Valve Cracked with Leaking Gas at Walter R Sundling Jr High School on Smith St, Palatine

Palatine police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 8:44 AM Tuesday to a report of a gas leak at Walter R Sundling Jr High School, 1100 North Smith Street Palatine, Il. Firefighter/paramedics received a report that there was a natural gas leak on the roof with gas also leaking inside the school at Walter R Sundling Jr High School.

Construction workers on the scene were able to shut the gas off by a valve after a gas pipe was broken.

Engine 82’s crew on arrival reported construction workers met with firefighters on arrival and explained the broken pipe and valve shutoff situation.

Construction workers shut off gas to the roof piping of the building, but some gas was still leaking from crack in a three-quarter inch gas valve.

Firefighters worked to confirm that the main gas was shut off to the entire building. The gas leak was stopped, and contractors reported they would repair the cause of the leak in about an hour.

FIRE/MEDIC UNITS ASSIGNED …

ENGINE(S): E82 E84

TRUCK(S): QUINT83 TL85

SQUAD(S): SQD85

RIT: BC ?? T ??

CHIEF(S): BC8

EMS: A83

LIVE TRAFFIC MAP of neighborhood to a report of a gas leak at Walter R Sundling Jr High School,
near 1100 North Smith Street Palatine, Il …




Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …


Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor