Prospect Heights Fire Chief Donald Gould Jr. (left).
At this year’s Mayor’s Breakfast held Saturday, April 30th Mayor Nick Helmer presented Fire Chief Donald Gould Jr (photo above left) with the PROSPECT HEIGHTS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT award for his 49 years of service to the city as a member of the fire department.
Chief Donald Gould Jr. started in 1967 as a volunteer firefighter cadet when in high school, and attended Oklahoma State University’s School of Fire Protection.
Chief Gould served Prospect Heights as a firefighter, lieutenant, captain, and assistant fire chief. He was appointed Fire Chief in 1988.
Chief Gould’s accomplishments include …
• Hiring of the first-full time staff in 2001
• Starting paramedic service for Prospect Heights in 1985
• Remodeling and expanding the main fire station in 1991
• Opening of the east side fire station in 2006
• Obtaining over $1,800,000 in Federal and State grants.
• Modernizing the entire fleet of vehicles to include the purchase and replacement of ambulances and fire trucks.
• Maintaining a healthy, financially sound organization with limited debt and a balanced budget for the past 27 years.
• Leading nine firefighters on duty 24/7/365
Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …