Palatine police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 10:40 PM Sunday to an odor investigation for a reported “smell of smoke” at Schnell’s Brauhaus — a building just north of 52 West Palatine Road Palatine, IL. Schnell’s Brauhaus is at 45 West Slade Street.
Next firefighters received a report that smoke was seen coming from a building across the rear alley just to the south of Schnell’s Brauhaus.
Firefighters on scene reported smoke showing from 52 West Palatine Road — a unit in a strip mall.
Fire was reported in the rear of the building. Firefighters were forcing entry at about 10:25 p.m. to enter the closed businesses in the strip mall.
Palatine Road was closed down as firefighters stretched hose lines across Palatine Road.
A positive water supply on the fire was reported at 10:29 pm.
Squad 85’s crew reported a possible electrical fire.
The fire was reported “out” at 52 West Palatine Road by 10:32 pm. However, smoke was still showing from the soffit on the west side of the building. Firefighters opened the ceiling so that trusses were exposed, and reported seeing no fire showing.
While firefighters were checking for extension in adjacent units, firefighters discovered the fire originated in a dryer at 56 West Palatine Road — Chris & Dora’s Hair Salon.
The fire was extinguished in all units by about 10:50 p.m.
Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …