Schaumburg police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 11:12 AM Monday to a report of a chimney fire at a townhouse at 853 Dighton Lane Schaumburg, IL. Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report that smoke was showing from a chimney and that the siding was melting.
Police were first on the scene and reported heavy smoke visible. Police also rescued a victim from the building.
Firefighters worked to extinguish the fire and checked the chase up to the attic.
Rolling Meadows firefighters assisted Schaumburg firefighters.
Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …