Arlington Heights firefighter/paramedics responded about 8:53 PM Saturday responded to an activated fire alarm at Rolling Green Country Club, 2525 East Rand Road Arlington Heights, IL. Firefighters received a report of smoke in the laundry room after the fire alarm was activated.
— ChicagoFireMap (@ChicagoFireMap) April 20, 2015
Engine 2’s crew reported nothing showing on arrival. About 30 people were evacuated from the building because of the activated fire alarm.
Firefighters reported a fire in a dryer and extinguished the fire with a CO2 extinguisher. Engine 4’s crew brought a second fire extinguisher and a pump can to the laundry room while firefighters worked to cut off power to the dryer, or get assistance from building maintenance to switch off power at the circuit breaker panel.
Firefighters immediately checked for CO levels inside the country club facility and reported a zero ppm CO level.
Firefighters extinguished a small fire or smoldering material and worked about 15 minutes to clear smoke from the building.
The fire was out by 9:25 p.m. Property representatives responded immediately to the scene.
Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …