Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report that Phenol spilled on the floor, and caused some symptoms for some people. People on the scene refused an ambulance.
Firefighters contained the spill and ventilated the area. A chemical cleanup company will be finishing up with cleanup and/or disposal.
Phenol is highly toxic by inhalation, skin absorption and ingestion.
Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …