Firefighters Respond for a Hazmat Chemical Spill at Physicians’ Office on East Rand Rd, Arlington Heights

#ad▼
 amazon fresh   amazon prime    audible  

Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report that Phenol spilled on the floor, and caused some symptoms for some people. People on the scene refused an ambulance.

Firefighters contained the spill and ventilated the area. A chemical cleanup company will be finishing up with cleanup and/or disposal.

Phenol is highly toxic by inhalation, skin absorption and ingestion.


Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …

Arlingtoncardinal.com is an Amazon Associate website, which means that a small percentage of your purchases gets paid to Arlingtoncardinal.com at no extra cost to you. When you use the search boxes above, any Amazon banner ad, or any product associated with an Amazon banner on this website, you help pay expenses related to maintaining Arlingtoncardinal.com and creating new services and ideas for a resourceful website. See more info at Arlingtoncardinal.com/AdDisclosure