Burnt Out Motor in Electrical Room Causes Smoke Scare at Palatine Public Library on North Court, Palatine


Palatine police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 8:50 AM Tuesday to a report of smoke coming from an electrical room at Palatine Public Library, 700 North Court Palatine, IL. Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report that heavy smoke was coming from an electrical room near the parking garage.

Squad 85’s crew first on the scene reported nothing showing from the outside front-left corner.

Firefighters investigated the electrical room and discovered a burnt out motor on a chiller by about 9:00 a.m.

Firefighters shut down the motor to the chiller and were contacting HVAC maintenance.

LIVE TRAFFIC MAP of neighborhood of a report of smoke coming from an electrical room at Palatine Public Library, near 700 North Court Palatine, IL …

Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …

Arlingtoncardinal.com is an Amazon Associate website, which means that a small percentage of your purchases gets paid to Arlingtoncardinal.com at no extra cost to you. When you use the search boxes above, any Amazon banner ad, or any product associated with an Amazon banner on this website, you help pay expenses related to maintaining Arlingtoncardinal.com and creating new services and ideas for a resourceful website. See more info at Arlingtoncardinal.com/AdDisclosure