Arlington Heights police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 8:23 AM Wednesday to an odor investigation at a house at 409 North Douglas Avenue Arlington Heights, IL. Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report of an odor of gas inside the residence.
No illness was reported at the scene.
Firefighters on scene reported a strong odor of gas inside the house and meter readings showing elevated CO (Carbon Monoxide). Firefighters were working to evacuate the house to a warm car initially.
After investigation of the furnace and water heater, Engine Two’s crew and assisting crews shut off the natural gas source, ventilated the home, and requested Nicor Gas respond to the scene.
Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …