Grease Fire at Great Steak Cause Smoke Conditions in Woodfield Mall Hallway, Schaumburg

Schaumburg police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 5:55 PM Tuesday to a report of a grease fire at the Great Steak & Potato Restaurant restaurant, 5 Woodfield Mall Schaumburg, IL. Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report of a grease fire that was extinguished with a lot of smoke remaining in the area near Door 5.

First Schaumburg firefighter crews on the scene reported smoke showing from an entryway on the east side of the building.

Firefighters worked on ventilation to clear the area of smoke. The area was cleared of smoke by about 6:15 p.m.

No known injuries.

LIVE TRAFFIC MAP of area of restaurant grease fire at Woodfield Mall … of area of

Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …