Carless smoking with a cigarette tossed into a pile of mulch is believed to be the cause of the fire that destroyed Lakeview Pavilion in Foxborough, Massachusetts.
Foxborough firefighters responded to a three-alarm fire at the Lakeview Pavilion in Foxborough Saturday, April 5, 2014. A wedding was taking place at the time of the fire, which spread from an outside mulch pile and extended to the landmark building being used for a wedding reception.
“Literally as they were saying ‘I do’ we saw smoke,” Jerry Cibley, the justice of the peace who officiated a Saturday night wedding at the Lakeview Pavilion, and also captured the video that has been published by television news stations.
“It looks like a cigarette was thrown into some mulch and the fire erupted from there and spread to the building,”
— Deputy Fire Chief Steven Bagley
Foxborough is a town in Norfolk County, Massachusetts, United States, approximately 22 miles southwest of Boston, Massachusetts and 18 miles (29 km) northeast of Providence, Rhode Island. The population was 16,865 at the 2010 census. The “Foxboro” is best known as the site of Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots of the National Football League and the New England Revolution of Major League Soccer. “Foxborough” is the official spelling of the town name, but the alternative spelling “Foxboro” is also frequently used.
Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …