Palatine police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 5:55 AM Friday to a report of an apartment fire at 415 East Wilson Street Palatine, IL. Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report of a residential fire in a multi-family building.
Firefighters searching the interior, and immediately discovered that a pillow on a light bulb had ignited. The smoldering pillow was immediately extinguished.
Firefighter/paramedics worked to evacuated smoke for a few minutes after the fire was out.
Initially, no report of any injuries.
Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …