Fire at Mug’s Pizza and Ribs on Central Rd Near Wolf Road, Des Paines

VIDEO: Firefighters check Mugavero’s Pizza & Ribs immediately after extinguishing an early morning fire at the very popular pizza business in Des Plaines.

Des Plaines police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 5:30 AM Wednesday to a fire in a strip mall at 600 E. Central Road. Police and firefighter/paramedics received a report that Mug’s Pizza in a small strip mall was on fire.

Firefighter/paramedics quickly knocked the fire, but heavy damage already occurred. The damage was visible from the front of the business, where the window was shattered.

Mugs (Mugavero’s Pizza & Ribs) owners reported they plan to get the Des Plaines location back in service as soon as possible. Mugs has three other locations in Arlington Heights, 807 West Rand Rd, in Chicago at 7228 North Harlem Avenue, and in Schaumburg at 24 West Schaumburg Road.

Nearby businesses Payless Liquor, MYK Camcorder and Electronics Services, and A K-9 Clipper were affected by smoke, and were expected to be closed for a short time period. Owners were helping each other and were in a positive mood despite the bad news. The owner at MYK was already in work mode — offering information about this reporter’s camera and memory card. The owner’s at A K-9 Clipper said a lot of people will be hungry today in the Des Plaines area — citing that the popular pizza business sees a lot of traffic in the afternoon and through the night.

Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to …

Arlington Heights Fire Engine

strip mall fire, structure fire, restaurant fire, restaurant fire Des Plaines