Palatine police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 10:42 PM Sunday to a report of a gas leak in the 4000 block of North Bayside. Firefighter/paramedics received a report that residents heard a loud bang and then a hissing noise that was apparently related to a gas leak near a gas grill. No fire, flash, or explosion was reported at the scene.
Firefighters confirmed a gas leak and evacuated three floors of an apartment building, and checked gas levels inside the apartment building.
Firefighters checked all possible locations of the source of the gas leak before allowing residents to return to the building.
NICOR and building maintenance were called to the scene. Firefighters reported the leak was stopped at about 11:02 PM, but NICOR was still requested to the scene.
Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …