Garage Fire Caused by Discarded Hot Grill Coals on North Pine Avenue, Arlington Heights

... #ad▼

Garage fire on North Pine Avenue, Arlington Heights (Over 60 more photos on

Arlington Heights police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 6:56 PM Friday to a detached garage fire in the 2400 block of North Pine Avenue. Firefighters extinguished the fire about 7:15 p.m. One vehicle was destroyed while parked inside the garage.

The garage fire was close enough to the house to cause a window to break, which alerted homeowners to the garage fire. Firefighters stopped the main fire within about three minutes, and immediately soaked the house just to the north of the garage to prevent the fire from ignited or damaging the house and siding.

The fire was apparently started by barbecue coals that were mistakenly thought to be extinguished, and were placed in a garbage can, that was placed in the garage.

Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to …

Arlington Heights Fire Engine

Search Amazon …

Search for products sold on Amazon: is an Amazon Associate website, which means that a small percentage of your purchases gets paid to at no extra cost to you. When you use the search boxes above, any Amazon banner ad, or any product associated with an Amazon banner on this website, you help pay expenses related to maintaining and creating new services and ideas for a resourceful website. See more info at