Fire in a Machine Inside Vapor Bus International on Johnson Drive, Buffalo Grove

Buffalo Grove police and firefighter/paramedics responded about 2:27 p.m. Wednesday to an activated fire alarm at Vapor Bus International. First firefighters arriving on the scene reported no smoke showing on the outside, but employees reported there was a fire inside a machine inside the large warehouse building.

Apparently significant smoke existed in our near the machine. The fire was reported contained to the machine at about 2:56 p.m. Wednesday. To get at the fire it was necessary to dismantle the machine.

Firefighter/paramedics from Northbrook, Lake Bluff, Palatine Rural, Rolling Meadows, Wauconda and others assisted Buffalo Grove Fire Department at the scene or by standing by in Buffalo Grove fire stations.

Firefighters returned after a hot spot was discovered in ducting in a remote location from the machine that was on fire.

Vapor Bus International makes passenger door systems and accessories for passenger buses.



Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …

Arlington Heights Fire Engine