Arlington Heights firefighter/paramedics and police responded about 5:39 p.m. Wednesday to an apartment unit fire at Dana Point Condos, 1505 East Central Road. Firefighters received a report that a stove was on fire. Police arrived in about two minutes and reported flames showing from a first floor unit. Police also reported they were helping one female resident evacuate from the unit. Firefighters arrived and reported light smoke and flames showing. Firefighters had straight access to the kitchen and knocked the fire immediately. They immediately conducted a thorough search of the apartment unit and neighboring units on all floors. Other units in the building were also evacuated as a safety precaution.
Within ten minutes firefighters used the thermal imaging camera after the fire was extinguished to confirm that no fire had extended beyond the walls near the stove. Firefighters also removed some cabinets and wall material to confirm that no fire was hidden behind walls. Firefighters then worked to ventilate hallways and living areas with fans to clear smoke and carbon monoxide.
No injuries reported. Firefighters from Mount Prospect and Elk Grove Township assisted Arlington Heights firefighters.
Stay informed with news from The Cardinal’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …