The Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County (SWANCC) will be hosting an onsite document destruction event from 9 -11 a.m. on Saturday, September 10 at the Arlington Heights Senior Center, 1801 W. Central Road.
This (SWANCC) document destruction event is for SWANCC-area residents, at no cost. The Village of Arlington Heights is a SWANCC community.
Residents will be limited to six banker-sized boxes. Proof of residency will be required.
A sample of the following items can be brought to the event:
Retired Tax Forms
Staples and paper clips do not need to be removed, but please remove binders.
No business waste accepted.
Here are some tips from Accurate Document Destruction Company, a division of Groot Recycling and Waste Services, on handling personal documents.
• Shred all personal documents before throwing them away.
• Do not carry your Social Security card with you.
• Make sure your credit cards are arriving on time. If not, it could mean someone has taken over your account and changed your billing address to cover his tracks.
• Only do Internet business with established, reputable companies.
• Never give personal information over the phone, the Internet or through the mail unless you know with whom you are dealing.
• Be cautious about where you leave personal information in your home, especially if you have roommates or employ outside help.
• Get a police report if your wallet is stolen or lost.
• Do not put sensitive outgoing mail, such as a credit card application, in an outside mailbox.
• Check your credit report at least once a year.
9:00 – 11:00 am
Village of Arlington Heights
Senior Center Parking Lot
1801 W Central Rd
Enter on New Wilke Rd
For more information, contact the Arlington Heights Senior Center at (847) 253-5532.