Celebrate the end-of-Summer with two back-to-back high-energy events coming your way in Downtown Arlington Heights on Friday, August 12 and Saturday, August 13!
It all starts with Mane Event, our “Million Dollar Block Party” on Friday, August 12, 2011 at 5-11 p.m., at Vail Avenue and Campbell Street. The event kicks off the Arlington Million, Arlington Park’s showcase race that will be held on Saturday, August 13. At Mane Event, enjoy the non-stop energy and showmanship of “Libido Funk Circus,” or take the kids for a pony ride or enjoy other family entertainment, and fill up on great food and beverages from our local restaurants!
Get food news, food event info and restaurant directory info combined for tour Apple iPhone or Android OS phone from Taste-of-Arlington.com …
Send Taste-of-Arlington.com to your phone and save it to your home screen.
The Mane Event “Million Dollar Block Party,” sponsored by the Arlington Heights Special Events Commission, is followed by the Arlington Heights Chamber’s Taste of Arlington Heights that will be held on Saturday, August 13, 5- 11 p.m. and will feature live entertainment from Exit 147 followed by Dot Dot Dot playing in Harmony Park from 8:30 -10:30 p.m.
Mane Event, August 12, 5-11 p.m. features:
- Giveaways, coupons and more distributed during the Arlington Heights Chamber’s Business Expo sponsored by Verizon.
- Pony Rides, Jump House, balloon twisters, Police and Fire displays and other games on Campbell Street for the kids.
- 6-6:30 p.m. Metropolis Rock Band
- 7-8:30 p.m., Heartless, plays the music of “Heart” and other pop and rock songs that will ignite the crowds.
- 9-10:30 p.m. Libido Funk Circus, playing mega-hits of the ‘80s and adding a great party atmosphere for all ages.
Taste of Arlington Heights, August 13, 5-11 p.m. includes:
- Food and beverages from 15 local restaurants
- 6-8 p.m. performance by Exit 147
- 8:30-10:30 p.m., Dot Dot Dot will perform, which was featured on Fox TV’s “The Next Great American Band.”
Mane Event, 5-11 p.m., held on Friday, August 12 in the Downtown on Vail Avenue and Campbell Street.
Mane Event includes free entertainment, the Chamber of Commerce Business Expo sponsored by Verizon, kids’ games, food from our local restaurants and live entertainment from Heartless at 7 p.m. followed by Libido Funk Circus at 9 p.m.
On Saturday, from 5-11 p.m. the Taste of Arlington Heights, sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce, will be held on Vail Avenue and Campbell Street in the Downtown. The event includes food from local restaurants and live entertainment including Exit 147 and Dot, Dot, Dot.
The 29th running of the Arlington Million, Arlington Park’s premier horse race, will be held on Saturday, August 13, during the International Festival of Racing. To learn what is planned for this extravagant day at Arlington Park, click on Arlington Park.
Taste-of-Arlngton.com is not affiliated with the Village of Arlington Heights or Arlington Park racetrack. Taste-of-Arlington.com is a service of The Cardinal — Arlingtoncardinal.com, and is specially designed for mobile users, but it works great on a desktop or notebook computer, too. Look for food news on the blog and up-to-date directory information organized by cuisine. Help build it, too. ‘Like’ the official Facebook page for Taste-of-Arlington.com at ArlingtonTasteBuddies.com (directs to Facebook).