Buffalo Grove police and firefighters/paramedics responded about 1:10 p.m. Friday to a report of a car into a house at Bernard Drive and Greenwood Court South. Upon arrival police corrected the address to 646 Bernard. At first an elderly man was reported trapped in the car. The man was able to get out of the car, possibly with the help of police. The car went through a closed garage door and did not appear to cause structural damage.
The incident was upgraded to a hazmat incident when an unknown chemical was discovered spilled in the garage. Police reported a burning sensation in the nose — a fertilizer smell with an “acid-like” liquid bubbling on the driveway.
Buffalo Grove firefighters and hazmat technicians were resolving the hazard early Friday afternoon.
No word on whether the driver was injured.
Become a fan of the Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …