Almost 5,000 Still Without Power in Buffalo Grove; Elderly Man Walks to Police Station to Get Help for Wife Who Fell


As of Tuesday afternoon, almost 5,000 ComEd customers were without power in Buffalo Grove. Overnight, about 4:15 a.m. Wednesday, an elderly man walked into the Buffalo Grove police headquarters and reported to an officer at the police desk that his wife had fallen in their home. He walked to the police station because he had no phone service. He requested paramedics because his wife fell and could not get up. Police responded with Buffalo Grove Fire Department firefighter/paramedics to help.

No word if the phone lines were knocked out, or if it was a cordless phone that had no power. Some residents have been using their vehicles with a charging accessory to charge their cell phones.

Officials urge people to use generators, grills, or other gasoline-, propane- or charcoal-burning devices with care. None of these products should be used inside homes or near doors, windows or vents, and none of the products should be used in garages or carport. Carbon monoxide can cause irreversible health damage or death.

Become a fan of the Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to …

Arlington Heights Fire Engine is an Amazon Associate website, which means that a small percentage of your purchases gets paid to at no extra cost to you. When you use the search boxes above, any Amazon banner ad, or any product associated with an Amazon banner on this website, you help pay expenses related to maintaining and creating new services and ideas for a resourceful website. See more info at