Ask Paul B: Nose Hair Alert! Just Tell Him!!!!

Dear Paul B,

My grandson told me that you have some common sense, which is a rarity these days. My companion is 77, and he is a wonderful man, and we spend much time together. My husband passed two years ago, and I just starting seeing Earl four months ago. Earl and I have become closer lately, and I find him attractive. My problem is that he has abundant hair growth in his ears and nose that I find it most bothersome. I feel bad about it, and have avoided advances from him the last few times. I have not been in the dating game for close to five decades. I feel like I need to find out how to solve my problem.



Dear BK,

YOU don’t have the problem—EARL does. You are a sweetheart, and I understand your nature to avoid hurting his feelings. If Earl doesn’t want to lose a sweet gal like you, then he needs to know what is holding you back. You could find out who his barber is (it would be easy with a few leading questions) and pay him a visit. Yes, I still go to a barber as well, because they charge $15, and when they call themselves a beautician they’ll “clip you” for $35. Anywho, ask Earls barber to give him a once over with those clippers of his, with special attention to those “trouble spots.” If these subtle hints don’t work, then just tell him that you used to trim your late husbands nose and ears, and you would oblige Earl too!
Honesty is absolutely the best policy, don’t you think?

Paul B.


ASK PAUL B! usually appears on Thursday evenings, but occasionally appears on other days or times so the article might be introduced to new readers.

Advice is offered for general discussion. Any advice from a columnist or someone who has never actually met you is not guaranteed to be fit for your particular situation. While the advice might help send you in the right direction to find a solution to your problem, missing information or lack of specific dialogue might cause you harm, or delay a solution to your problem. Never use this advice as the sole replacement for advice from a physician, psychologist or other health professional or other professional. The information provided through any post or Ask Paul B! post is not a substitute for health, legal and other professional advice where specific facts and circumstances warrant additional personal attention. If any reader requires legal advice, health advice or other professional assistance, each reader should always consult his or her own legal, health professional, or other professional advisors and discuss the facts and circumstances that specifically apply to the user. Consider the topics discussed as a part of your overall experience for your pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Don’t hesitate to get help when you might need professional help.

The views of Ask Paul B! are not necessarily the views of The Cardinal —