Unattended Candles Blamed for Bedroom Fire in Hoffman Estates Saturday

Hoffman Estates police and firefighter/paramedics responded Saturday afternoon to the 4100 block of North Firestone Court where a fire broke out in a bedroom, and three residents were already evacuated. The fire was contained to a single bedroom of a two-story home. The second floor was damaged by smoke.

Unattended candles have been indicated as the cause of a fire that started in the bedroom of the Hoffman Estates home Saturday afternoon. No injuries reported.


Become a fan of the Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behinde the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …