Recycling Bin Fire Heats Up Wall at House

Arlington Heights firefighter/paramedics were called to the scene of a house in the 1500 block of West Lillian about 7:35 p.m. Monday where a homeowner was concerned that recycling bin fire may have extended into the house. The fire in the recycling bin was extinguished before firefighters arrived, but smoke was reported inside the house. When firefighters arrived, they found the outside wall where the recycling bin was burning was hot. Firefighters decided to pull of the siding off of the house to assure that no fire was extending to the inside of the house.

Firefighters found no fire behind the siding. Firefighters cooled off exterior structures that were overheated.

Fire departments from Palatine and Buffalo Grove assisted Arlington Heights Fire Department.