Ask Paul B: LeadFoot Because LimpFoot

... #ad▼

Dear Paul B,

A terrible thing has happened to me. My wife will no longer let me take my son with me. We are married, but Brett can’t go in my car, ever, says my wife. There has to be a legal side to this and I want to see an attorney. I had a bad night when I was ticketed for a DUI, but I haven’t gone to court yet for this. I am fighting it, and I am being JUDGED by JUDY before any sentencing. This is wrong.


Dear Brett Sr.,

I am only hearing what you want to give me, so you’re NOT going to like it. Judy has every right to protect Brett Jr., because you apparently don’t care. You OBVIOUSLY feel that driving with just a “little bit of a buzz” is alright. Since you believe that taking Jr. in your car with you when you navigate a motor vehicle while DUI, you are totally whacked out! Judy must first protect Jr., and now You must prove to her that You HAVE a HUGE DRINKING PROBLEM, and that you are going to do something about it–NOW. You are in the process of losing your family, and perhaps your own life (amongst others when you DRINK and DRIVE.) DUI is the worst offense there is, because you put innocent drivers and passengers in your “cross-hairs.” I lost a client 4 years ago, when she was broad sided by one of YOUR PEOPLE, and she was 44 and the mother of 2. This particular moron (please excuse the comparison) hit her, killed her, and then left the scene to injure a pedestrian 5 blocks away. DUI is comparable to a “Terrorist on Wheels.” Grow up, get some help, and good luck!

Paul B


Advice is offered for general discussion. Any advice from a columnist or someone who has never actually met you is not guaranteed to be fit for your particular situation. While the advice might help send you in the right direction to find a solution to your problem, missing information or lack of specific dialogue might cause you harm, or delay a solution to your problem. Never use this advice as the sole replacement for advice from a physician, psychologist or other health professional or other professional. The information provided through any post or Ask Paul B! post is not a substitute for health, legal and other professional advice where specific facts and circumstances warrant additional personal attention. If any reader requires legal advice, health advice or other professional assistance, each reader should always consult his or her own legal, health professional, or other professional advisors and discuss the facts and circumstances that specifically apply to the user. Consider the topics discussed as a part of your overall experience for your pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Don’t hesitate to get help when you might need professional help.

The views of Ask Paul B! are not necessarily the views of The Cardinal —

Search Amazon …

Search for products sold on Amazon: is an Amazon Associate website, which means that a small percentage of your purchases gets paid to at no extra cost to you. When you use the search boxes above, any Amazon banner ad, or any product associated with an Amazon banner on this website, you help pay expenses related to maintaining and creating new services and ideas for a resourceful website. See more info at