Arlington Heights firefighter/paramedics responded about 1:15 a.m. Wednesday to a fire in a motel room at the Motel 6, 441 West Algonquin Road. Firefighters received an activated fire alarm and then a report of smoke in the hallway at the Motel 6. Firefighters arrived on the scene and reported no smoke showing from the exterior of the building, but people were evacuating the building. The first interior firefighting crew reported a fire in a motel room on the first floor. The fire was ‘knocked’ just before 1:25 a.m. Wednesday. The fire was confined to one motel room.
Firefighters ventilated the room and hallways on the first and second floor and got the carbon monoxide levels below 35 PPM by 2:00 a.m. Patrons were allowed back in their rooms, except for the fire room just after 2:00 a.m.
Fire departments from Mount Prospect and Rolling Meadows assisted Arlington Heights firefighters. A fire investigator and building inspector were called to the scene.