Buffalo Grove firefighter/paramedics responded to an odor of ‘natural gas’ at 355 West Dundee Road about 10:10 a.m. Friday. About 10:35 a.m. firefighter/paramedics realized they had a vapor leak that made a person sick. By about about 10:50 a.m. firefighter/paramedics discovered multiple people were complaining of sickness and called an EMS Box extra alarm for extra ambulances.
By 11:00 a.m. Buffalo Grove firefighter/paramedics transported one patient requiring advanced life support monitoring or care to Northwest Community Hospital. An Arlington Heights Fire Department rescue ambulance transported two patients to Glenbrook Hospital. Two other people were also transported to hospitals, and two people were also being evaluated at the scene.
Firefighter/paramedics from Long Grove, Mount Prospect, Palatine and Wheeling assisted Buffalo Grove Fire Department responding to the EMS Box extra alarm.
Firefighters/paramedics evacuated the building to prevent further illnesses. The offending vapor was apparently a paint thinner.
Businesses listed near the area of 355 West Dundee that may have been affected include the following:
Blumenthal Marc J atty
F & F Management Inc
Fabio Ortega MD SC
Game Time Food & Beverage Services
Jacqueline G Rosen DDS MS PC
Lipsky Edward S
LMS Construction Inc
Mallinger Jacqueline LCSW
Mallinger Jacqueline LCSW: Individual Couple & Family Counseling
Pena Rafael DDS – 3 reviews
R G Consulting
REM Group & Family Associates Ltd
Sherwin R Klassman Ltd
Solomon Myron D PC