Fire at Avondale Home Depot on Kimball Avenue in Garden Department


View Chicagoland Major Fires & Rescues in a larger map

A fire broke out just before 6:30 a.m. Saturday at a Chicago Home Depot store, 3500 N. Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood of Chicago. Heavy smoke filled the store, which required firefighters to cut holes in the roof for ventilation. A HazMat Level 1 response was also issued because of propane tanks, fertilizer, and the number of chemical products located in the garden center. No hazardous materials were ignited in the fire. No injuries reported.

View Chicagoland Major Fires & Rescues in a larger map

Search Amazon …

Search for products sold on Amazon: is an Amazon Associate website, which means that a small percentage of your purchases gets paid to at no extra cost to you. When you use the search boxes above, any Amazon banner ad, or any product associated with an Amazon banner on this website, you help pay expenses related to maintaining and creating new services and ideas for a resourceful website. See more info at